Why trust Gutter Geeks with your next Auckland gutter clean?
Excellent service from quote to completion- great communication all the way.
Primary Area of Operations - tighter North Shore & central Auckland suburbs
North Shore: Albany, Bayview, Browns Bay, Castor Bay, Forest Hill, Glenfield, Hauraki, Hillcrest, Long Bay, Mairangi Bay, Milford, Murrays Bay, Northcross, Oteha, Pinehill, Rothesay Bay, Schnapper Rock, Sunnynook, Torbay, Totara Vale, Unsworth Heights, Waieke, Wairau Valley, Windsor Park and nearby.
City: Epsom, Grey Lynn, Herne Bay, Mt Eden, Pt Chevalier, Ponsonby, Westmere and nearby.
Are we compatible? (please read this!)
- As Tomoko & I (=Gutter Geeks) approach our 60's we're only taking on more straightforward jobs, roughly being 1-storey access houses (higher on one side ok) with a normal roof pitch. No split level, large dwellings nor higher pitched roofs (villas, State houses), no rural dwellings, no schools, no commercial, no Body Corporate. Age, and creaky joints, changes things. :)
- We do gutter cleaning only (as in debris removal) and don't do an external clean of the guttering (usually part of a housewash), nor repair/replacement work, nor roof treatment etc.
- We don't deal with leaf protection like gutter mesh, brush etc unless it's very minor.
- We do a thorough job done safely with good service - we will not be the cheapest quote.
- We don't do a "cash" price. We're a real business and don't cut corners, with your job or the IRD.
- Please enquire via the online form. I'm fully focused on getting jobs done during the day and will get back to you the same day, likely to tee up a quote visit. Thank you, the form is easy to fill in: Gutter Geeks' quote form
Booking Timeframe (updated Mon Nov 22nd 2021)
All jobs now except possibly small local-to-Torbay jobs where very short notice (like 20 mins) is okay, are being booked for around mid-January.
"Immaculate job by Gregg and Tomoko - a delightful couple who take pride in their work." [*blush*]
Get a quote for a gutter cleaning job in Auckland:
Gutter Geeks' quote form
This is the second year we have used Gregg and Tomoko - and always recommend them to others.
Water use just 1-5 litres for a typical residential job.
How so low? We do manual extraction, not washing down the guttering nor using a waterblaster. We just use water to test downpipes where required and to clean tools afterwards.
Be at ease, knowing we're a water-friendly service.
I have used them twice now. Very professional from the quote and communications through to job completion. They also provide before and after photos which are excellent. Highly recommend.
We're not the cheapest. Like you, we put a smooth, trouble free experience ahead of the cheapest price. We give you...
- 90% delivery on our "6-Step Service Standard" (applies to business hours Mon-Fri)
- Same day Quote as your enquiry (may not apply if a quote visit is required)
- Same day Booking as your go-ahead.
- Job done within the Indicated Timeframe. We try to accomodate urgent requests.
- Same day Invoicing as the job date.
- Same day Payment Acknowledgement as payment receipt.
- Future Contact per the debris situation, as arranged or as appropriate.
A Job Standard We provide before and after photos with every gutter clean. No need to ask - we have nothing to hide. We take extra care to clear common blockage points of corners, valleys and under roof lips and test downpipes as required (we don't test ground drains as standard - blockages are rare and it would be a huge waste of precious water).
And our "Double Trouble" Guarantee
"Break & Replace" Guarantee If we cause damage, we get it sorted at our expense. It's the real world and on rare occaisions a tile gets broken. We apply a temporary fix (usually silicon) and get a professional roofer to replace the tile. We have $2 million of liability insurance to cover any likely event.
"Name Your Price" Guarantee If we haven't met your expectations, just tell us why (so we can learn from it) and what the work is worth to you - we'll invoice for that, no fuss - we're only as happy as our customers. Yet to be called on.
These guys conduct their business in a professional manner from the first email contact, quote, right through the cleaning and after.
Common Questions Answered
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
Great work done by Gregg. He showed up as planned and was great at communicating what I could expect. He also took before and after photos which allowed me to understand what work was undertaken.
Get a quote for a gutter cleaning job in greater Auckland: Gutter Geeks' quote form
Gregg & Tomoko Cleland
Gutter Geeks Ltd
PS Want more detail? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Does it take lots of trees to block rain gutters? Grass seeds are enough!
The general perception is that trees are the enemy when it comes to gutters becoming blocked, but the reality can be quite an eye-opener: All it takes is a few grass seeds to take hold. Once they start growing, they're going nowhere except thicker and wider along the guttering, eventually becoming thick enough to block water flow and cause overflowing, which will either be over the outside of the guttering or (hopefully not) on the inside.You'll probably want to get your guttering cleaned before it ends up like this:
Love the before and after photos. Very quick and efficient - and I didn't need to be there.
Will Gutter Guard Products Mean No More Gutter Cleaning?
We get a number of requests to have gutter guard installed and we never just say "Okay." If you go by the ads, you could be forgiven for thinking that gutter guard products are a panacea, with leaves blowing away and your water flowing unhindered forever.
The unpleasant reality is that all leaf protection products need to be combined with a regular gutter cleaning schedule and will work to varing degrees depending on the type of debris that will be falling.
Check out our Gutter Guard Reality page for common examples of where the different types of guard have failed.
I found you very professional and your communication with me excellent.
Prompt communication and service. Job was completed quickly and efficiently and very tidy.
Thank you for doing an outstanding job, with all due regard to safety and with excellent communications.
We quote for gutter cleaning in greater Auckland: Gutter Geeks' quote form
By Gregg Cleland ©2022 Gutter Geeks Limited